Covid-19 Response from our President/Owner
AUGUST 20, 2022 - Mt. Holly, NC: Throughout this pandemic, we continue to uphold our core values as a company - finding new ways to adapt quickly and working as a team to unite and respond.
According to a Washington Post analysis of Google Trends data, more people are googling “how can I help” than at any other point since 2004 – as far back as Google’s data goes.
Google’s data clearly shows the spirit of collaboration we’ve all seen clearly displayed since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic: neighbors helping neighbors, manufacturers teaming up to retool processes, and countries sending aid across borders, all with the common goal of rising up and persevering against this global threat together.
In response to COVID-19, Arrochem has been producing hand sanitizer and hand soaps, along with a variety of other cleaning products, to ensure our healthcare workers on the front line are properly equipped with the tools they need to effectively fight this pandemic.
We have strictly been following the CDC’s recommendations to ensure the health and safety of both our employees and customers, in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to flatten the curve. Some of the policy changes we have already implemented include:
- Minimize our team members’ exposure by having more people work from home. They are as accessible to you as before, and they are just as well equipped to serve you as before.
- Relocating team members who are unable to work from home into widely separated spaces, at least six feet apart.
- Team members who appear to be unwell are required to stay home or are sent home, and if they report for work, they will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Team members will not be allowed to return to work unless they are fever-free for at least 24 hours.
- Multiple cleanings and disinfections during the day, and every night, of common areas such as bathrooms, break rooms, doorways, commonly shared equipment, etc.
- We have located many hand sanitizing stations throughout our facilities, and have instructed every team member on the importance of effective hand washing, especially after using a common area or touching a common surface.
- Our EHS Manager has explained to all of the employees what they should be doing to reduce the risk of getting sick and/or spreading the disease.
- Warehouse team members will have preset breaks and lunchtimes to reduce the number of team members in the lunch and break rooms at any given time.
- Arrochem has banned all business travel and non-essential visitors to our offices.
- Truck drivers are required to stay in their vehicles during pickups and deliveries, except to sign documents.
- We are increasing our inventory of critical items to minimize supply issues.
- We ask our team members to take this outbreak just as seriously in their personal lives by following these protocols when they are not at work.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about what we’re doing. We’re very happy to have your comments and suggestions on how we can serve you better, especially in these uncertain times. Please take very good care of yourselves.